DescriptionResponsible for mechanical and cable assembly as depicted in the assembly instructions and/or customer documentation. Adhere to quality standards and/or customer specified requirements. Reports to the Team Leader and/or Supervisor/ Department Manager.
Duties and Task Statements:
- Reading bill of materials, Assembly Instructions, Product Traveler, and/or any other related documentation necessary for the build.
- Making sure the operation before yours on the product traveler has been signed off prior to starting the build process.
- Auditing material received to insure all material has been received prior to starting the build.
- Organizing material in such a manner that it is easily accessible. All material must be labeled and hardware placed in proper bins whenever possible.
- May use test equipment such as fluke meters, continuity testers, buzz boxes and other various test equipment as required.
- Assembling products to the assembly instruction and/or customer documentation using the proper tools.
- Use of Torque tool calibration/verification equipment.
- Masking and de-masking circuit boards prior to conformal coating may be requested.
- The use of adhesives, primers/accelerants and silicones, may be required for use when building an assembly.
- Can perform electro mechanical duties by building a chassis with multiple wires, hardware, and installing circuit boards into the assembly.
- Ability to perform tests when required using wire diagrams, mechanical drawings, and schematics.
- Tinning wires, and basic soldering of wires point to point. Is required.
- Ability to solder components to the circuit board, attach wires, solder connectors.
- Must know how to use a solder pot and solder iron to achieve acceptable solder joints.
- Must be J-STD certified for soldering.
- Notifying your Team Leader, Supervisor, Manager or Engineering when equipment is failing or not working properly.
- Regular attendance by the employee is required to meet production goals and customer commitment.
- Perform general housekeeping duties to provide a safe working environment at all times.
- Additional tasks may be assigned by the supervisor in order to accommodate varying production requirements.
Equipment Used (not limited to)
Needle nose Pliers
Formal Interactions with Others:
Interacts with all staff members within the department as well as other outside department. Communicates with the Team Leader, Supervisor and/or department Manager to obtain instructions, assistance, and to communicate concerns.
The work setting consists of a production environment with suitable lighting, a moderate to high noise level, and comfortable temperatures. The work schedule consists of a four day, 40-hour workweek with overtime dependent on department needs.
Entry level, but previous experience desirable.
A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent is required. Additionally, the employee must successfully complete all internal courses offered by the company necessary to do the job.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Employee must have excellent vision including the ability to distinguish between colors and varying shades of color, and the ability to read screen-printing symbols and component values. Must be able to sit and perform stationary work for the majority of the shift. May be required to lift 40lbs periodically Must be able to work independently and safely at all times. Must maintain confidentiality of all company and customer information.
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: Entry Level
Last updated on 07/19/2021
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.