DescriptionPersonnel Source is looking for Driver Manager for our client in Harrisburg!
This position is full-time, temp-to-hire. $DOE
The Driver Manager coordinates the pick-up and delivery of tanker trucks, inform drivers about load requirements, communicate delivery instructions, directions to job sites and provide tie down and handling instructions when necessary. The Driver Manager will be knowledgeable in the area of accidents and incidents, OSHA post-accident drug testing requirements/regulations, Worker's Compensation basics and be able to provide instructions on post-accident procedures. This position is also responsible for promoting driver retention, coordinating shop maintenance and involved in reviews.
* A thorough understanding of the trucking industry.
* Knowledge of Federal Motor Safety Regulations
* Knowledge proper load securement
* Excellent communication, leadership, and computer skills
* Ability to work varied hours and take after hour phone calls.
Duties include but are not limited to:
* Ensuring all driver violations are reviewed with the drivers and necessary disciplinary action taken.
* Complete daily assessments to ensure all drivers are taking appropriate break-time.
* Review all outside driver inspection reports.
* Become knowledgeable of policies for speeding, drug and alcohol use, out of service tickets, claims, safety, and driver hiring and termination.
* Accidents and Incidents procedures.
* Cargo claims.
* Workers' Compensation documentation.
* Matching driver's abilities to loads.
* Make sure driver's have had sufficient rest and hours of service.
* Give driver all pertinent information regarding pick-ups and deliveries. Plus routes, times, and load requirements.
* Maintain a high morale within your driver corps.
* Consult with Customer Service on amount of freight available in area.
* Monitor daily where fuel is being purchased and know the fuel costs at various locations. Also, monitor idle time reports and review them with drivers.
* Monitor tire damage on equipment and track repetitive problems. Review drivers who ruin tires through careless driving practices.
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: 3-5 Years
Last updated on 03/14/2019
Pay determined upon experience.
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at email@example.com. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.