DescriptionSupport mission, goal achievement, and organizational quality in a team based patient-centered care setting. Incorporate core organizational values of respect, integrity, compassion, honesty, and community in all activities and decisions. This position is responsible for dental billings and accounts receivable by maintaining coding requirements, ensuring support and staff training of dental plans and grant requirements. Provide excellent customer service to all internal and external customers, which include team members, patients, volunteers, students, visitors, and vendors, by consistently exceeding the customer?s expectations and protecting the dignity of all patients and their families, as well as co-workers and others. This position requires travel to all job sites dental clinics.
SUPERVISION: Supervision is not an expectation of this position Works under the direct supervision of the Dental Clinic Director and indirectly under the Revenue Director
- Track, process, and finalize patient Accounts Receivables, ensuring all charges are paid
- Evaluate patients financial barriers; track and update patient demographics, insurance coverage, claim denials, and procedure coding and billing
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Act as resource for policies, procedures, coding, fee structure, programs, and grant requirements
- Work with the Revenue Director on procedure codes and charges
- Use EagleSoft to ensure accurate billing procedures, run reports, verify proper account balances
- Support the dental PSRs and other dental staff by team building, performance coaching, problem-solving strategies, continued training, and customer service
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED required. Certified Dental Coder certification highly desirable.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum three years? billing in a dental office with Oregon Health Plan clients and EagleSoft. Fluent Bilingual English/Spanish reading and writing skills desirable.
- Ability to report to work as scheduled and work a flexible schedule when necessary including evenings and Saturdays
- Ability to pass a drug screen, background and credit check
- Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work as a team member and independently when needed
- Current driver?s license, reliable transportation, and proof of automobile insurance
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Dental terminology
- Accounts receivable tasks, clinic policies/procedures, and paperwork
- Dental billing/collection practices
- Most current dental coding policies, procedures, and reimbursement practices
- Customer service concepts and techniques
- Third-party and insurance company operating procedures, regulations and billing requirements
- Communicate effectively and respectfully verbally and in writing with all level of staff and patients
- Identify and resolve problems, i.e. examine insurance documents for accuracy and completeness
- Perform effective claims review
- Exercise initiative, judgment, discretion and decision-making to achieve organizational objectives
- Affect positive interactions with the public, patients, and interpersonal relations in dealing with fellow employees and supervisors, so that productivity and positive employee relations are maximized
- Support and contribute to effective safety and risk management efforts by adhering to established policies and procedures, maintaining a safe environment, promoting accident prevention, and identifying potential liabilities
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: More than 5 years
Last updated on 01/08/2019
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.