DescriptionThe Dental Assistant Expanded Function is responsible for supporting dental care delivery by preparing treatment room, patient, instruments, and materials; passing instruments and materials; performing procedures in compliance with the dental practice act.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Set up instruments and equipment for treatment/exams and room the patient.
- Sterilize/disinfect op rooms and instruments (while working with sterile department).
- Passing instruments while assisting doctor in procedures and placing rubber dams.
- Take impressions, pour models, trim models, and make custom trays.
- Utilize software in taking radiographs, updating medical history, treatment planning, and chart noting.
- Prepare and explain treatment plan and fees associated as sliding scale or insurance allows.
- Give patient oral hygiene instructions and post op instructions after dental procedures.
- Use excel with lab tracking and the OHA Dental Rulebook Guide Tool.
- Remove supra gingival cement from crowns or bridges with hand instruments.
- Polish coronal surfaces of teeth with brush or rubber cup as part of oral prophylaxis.
- Preliminary fit crowns to check contacts and adjust occlusion outside the mouth.
- Remove temporary crowns and clean teeth for final cementation.
- Place matrix bands.
- Polish amalgam or composite restorations with slow speed headpiece.
- Fabricate temporary crowns and cement.
- Preform teeth whitening procedures by fabricating bleaching trays.
- Scheduling and confirming appointments, scrubbing the schedule, completing task manager.
- Prepare insurance forms (OHP waivers, pre-authorizations, referrals)
- Prepare consent forms prior to dental treatment.
- Triage patient calls and messages within the same day.
- Checking emails.
- Copying and sending lab invoices to finance after documenting in lab tracking sheet.
- Check ?Go Back? area throughout the day to put away instruments.
- Stalking rooms on days allowed
- Working on completing goal or tier work.
- Check on walk outs completed for the day.
- Clean lines and replace traps, oil couplers, shock lines, change gauze on dental unit for oil collection.
- Check for lab cases for the next day, and document in lab tracking.
- Log off software, empty water bottles, turn off equipment, flush water lines, and raise dental chairs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum: High School Diploma or GED
- Excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills
- Skilled at using electronic health records as applicable to area of work
- Oregon Board Radiology Certified
- Oregon EFDA Certified
- The employee shall have a valid Oregon driver?s license and insurance
- Current CPR/BLS certification (or obtain within 3 months of hire).
- Sealant certified
- Soft reline certified
- Basic knowledge of adult learning models
Benefits Include the Potential for the Following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Voluntary Accident, Short Term Disability, and Critical Illness Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan with Available Company Match
- Organization Paid Standard Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Wellness Programs Such as Cooking, Zumba, Yoga, and Gardening
- Personal and Professional Development Seminars
Job RequirementsEducation Required: Technical College
Experience Required: 1-3 Years
Last updated on 08/24/2021
14.00 - 22.00
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at email@example.com. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.