DescriptionEssential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plant Operator, Medical Cylinder Maintenance
- Verifies cylinder requalification date (hydro test) is within DOT standards
- Conducts a variety of safety checks per procedures, such as odor tests, checking caps and valves.
- Removes label from cylinder and accurately applies new label per FDA requirements, shifts cylinder to fill rack
- Marks the number of labels used on each row of the fill rack
- Completes hydro test tally sheets: 1 for IS, 1 for Customer
- Places cylinders to be hydro tested in shipping crate/box.
Summary is responsible for filling medical, high pressure and liquid gas cylinders in compliance with federal, state, local regulations, and meeting the standard operating and safety procedures of Industrial Source/National Fire Fighter. Additionally, this position assists customers on the dock, participates in cylinder inventory demands, sorts cylinders as needed, and assists with loading/unloading of our trucks if needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Safely operates equipment for filling or repackaging gases into cylinders.
- Performs minor maintenance of equipment and inspection of cylinders prior to filling.
- Ensure complete FDA compliance including record review and record organization (training records, fill records, FDA documents, etc.)
- Inspects cylinders prior to filling, following standard procedures as required by government, our company, and distributor standards.
- Prepares pressure cylinders and cryogenic vessels for filling: Attaches to manifold, evacuates cylinders to eliminate all possible contaminants.
- May fill cylinders by any of the following methods: (1) Sets pressure gauge to specified reading and watches for indication of full cylinders. (2) Adjusts valves and observes gauge to fill cylinder to specified pressure. (3) Observes scale indicator to fill cylinders to specified weight. (4) Fills cylinder to excess, rolls cylinder onto scale, and connects exhaust line to release excess gas and attain prescribed weight.
- Manually sets calibrations to analyze selected cylinders for purity, dew point, and other required qualities.
- Completes daily fill sheets, accurately and timely, for every type of gas, as required by DOT, FDA, and the Company.
- Completes quality control sheets as required.
- Learns the hazards of various gases; size and contents of cylinders; how to read and interpret cylinder labels; and the color-coding of tanks.
- Complies with all government and company standards relating to the safe handling of hazardous materials/cylinder gases.
- Maintains a clean, safe and orderly plant appearance.
- Uses standard pre-fill and post-fill inspections, tests, and operating procedures before cylinders are released.
- Regularly inspects pumping apparatus and associated monitoring devices used in daily activities.
- Completes and attaches warning and other identification tags, labels and decals to cylinders.
- Complies with shift work schedules and be able to work occasional overtime to meet operational deadlines.
- Stages cylinders in designated areas of production plant for filling. These areas will be designated by production personnel and shall be areas that insure the least amount of handling.
- Sorts and places cylinders according to predetermined sequence such as size, type of gas, or color.
- Assists production personnel in removing full cylinders from fill area.
- Inspects all cylinders for general condition, report all discrepancies to management.
- Rolls cylinders onto platform, or positions cylinders in manifold racks manually or with the aid of material handling equipment.
- May test gas for purity using testing equipment.
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: Entry Level
Last updated on 07/01/2019
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.