DescriptionSummary: Facilitates assembling, cutting, finishing, storing, cleaning and shipping wood products by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Off bears material at discharge end of machines that cut, smooth, bore or shape wood parts.
- Stacks lumber or wood products on pallet on floor, table, conveyor belt, or in bins for movement to additional processing stations.
- May count and examine wood parts for defects, finish and grade.
- May reposition wood parts and feed wood parts into machine or back to operator for subsequent processing.
- May place stickers between wood parts to permit air circulation and tie up or strap units of wood. May use hand truck to move wood to designated area.
- May depress pedal to raise or lower hoist to facilitate stacking.
- May strap wood staves together for processing with metal strapping, using air bander to secure strap.
- Applies filler, putty, or other material to fill wood pores, holes, cracks or other indentations. May use hand held drill to remove imperfections from wood.
- Sands rough spots to prepare surfaces for finishing. May use hand held sander or belt sander.
- May paint or dip wood product in paint or other ingredients.
- May stamp or place label on product. May record units processed and inspected.
- May collect reject wood to cut out defects in wood. May change saw blades , adjust belts as instructed to facilitate setting up Saw. May use strap cutter for cutting strap from product. May use panel cutter .
- May mix glue
- Cleans work area, using broom, shovel or air hose.
- May use Staple or Nail gun for assembly or packaging.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds frequently and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; bend use hand to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch and talk and hear.
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: Entry Level
Last updated on 02/07/2020
11.50 - 12.50
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.