DescriptionPersonnel Source is looking for a Customer Service/Sales Representative in Transportation of our Harrisburg client!
This position is Monday-Friday, 7/8am-4/5pm. $DOE
The basic function of the Customer Service/Sales Representative is to book freight, and generate sales over the phone. This position will also be responsible for solving customer complaints and to make sure orders are serviced properly (ie. Pick-ups are made in time, delivery times are kept, and the customer's special needs are met).
- Demonstrated good organizational and customer service skills.
- Ability to build relationships over the phone.
- Customer Service and Sales experience.
- Willingness to perform cold calls.
- Ability to accurately enter orders into the computer in an efficient manner and deal with lots of details.
- Knowledge of freight rates and geography are a plus.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Booking freight.
- Negotiate delivery times with customer, keeping driver safety as primary issue.
- Enter information into the computer.
- Call customers to find loads when necessary.
- Maintain set accounts of primary customers.
- Freight audit, make sure customers are billed properly.
- Advise customers of shipment status and additional information pertaining to shipment.
- Solve customer complaints.
- Answer customer questions.
- Follow-up on special instructions.
- Develop new customer accounts.
- Meet with customers on a regular basis
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: 1-3 Years
Last updated on 12/21/2018
Pay determined upon experience.
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.