DescriptionApply at www.personnelsource.com today! The Jackson County Expo is looking for a dynamic team member to work directly with staff, vendors, rental clients, etc. on hosting their events at the Expo. This position works nights, weekends and most holidays with other team members ensuring events are contracted and hosted well. Our team at the Expo is proud of our reputation for top notch hospitality and service while providing excellent facilities for Southern Oregon entertainment. We look forward to our busy seasons ahead and need energetic team members who will join us in the work and fun.
Scope of Position:
- Ability to take direction from multiple sources (event organizers, team members, board of directors, sponsors)
- Dynamic phone communication skills (friendly, helpful and active listening skills)
- Available to work flexible schedule including nights, weekends, holidays and on-call
- Successful experience working in team environment to complete short term projects/events
- Ability to work with professionalism in fast-paced environments with changing priorities
- Ability to work with varied personalities including disruptive people (This position requires a great deal of diplomacy and creativity while working with user groups.)
- Experience working with media, public presentations and business coorespondance
- Flexible ?go-to? attitude with regard to getting any task accomplished in order for events to go smoothly (pick up trash, clean restrooms, sweep, mop, move tables/chairs, etc)
- Energetically work in an environment that is ?casual? and somewhat dusty in nature (jeans, boots, etc)
Technical Aspects of Position:
- Familiar with internet/social media platforms: Facebook, twitter
- Able to maintain multiple Outlook calendars (Event calendar, personal calendar, staff calendar)
- Fluent in Excel spreadsheets, Microsoft Word documents and mail merge
- Experience exporting & reading data and formalizing reports/graphs with data collected
- Experience with issuing contracts; organizing information as received; keeping deadlines
- Experience with basic accounting (payables, receivables; invoicing & receipts)
- Wage DOE, part time hours (25/week to start) however potential for upd to 40 during event weeks.
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: Entry Level
Last updated on 08/24/2021
16.50 - 17.72
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at email@example.com. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.