DescriptionProvides support for new and retention Sales staff by providing quotes to prospective clients and assist in maintaining current clients. Provides information, education and assistance to potential or pending policyholders, employers, and producers regarding our insurance plans.
- Competencies and Knowledge:
- Demonstrated ability to use MS Office products and other corporate software as required.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal skills including courteous telephone etiquette.
- Ability to interpret policies and procedures and communicate effectively.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills (empathizes with customers, asks effective questions, seeks to satisfy).
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and strong attention to detail in a rapidly changing environment.
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively on teams to accomplish group objectives.
- Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above:
- Sales Specialist I would have a High School diploma or GED and 1 year of experience in customer service or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
General Functions and Outcomes:
- Communicate with a variety of external and internal customers regarding benefits, eligibility, and other information.
- Quickly and accurately assess inquiries in order to understand the customers? needs.
- Identify issues promptly and determine corrective steps to resolve.
- Document customer inquiries and actions on tracking system.
- Review documentation or correspondence for completeness.
- Acquire missing information following established policies and procedures.
- Data entry of customer information.
- Explain benefits, rules of eligibility, and grievance/appeal procedures to internal and external customers, to ensure understanding.
- Manage emails, & appropriate work production queues, calls and correspondence on a daily basis and prioritize follow-through.
- May generate written correspondence and process document requests.
- Maintain files/records of constantly changing customer information.
- Assist in all internal aspects of sales and renewal process that do not involve independent, direct solicitation or decisions of quote, new or renewal activity.
- Work primarily performed in office environment.
- Will be required to work overtime and/or work outside of normal work hours. **NOTE: There will be limited time off during peak processing times.
Expectations of All Contingent Workforce:
- Conducts business with high regard for corporate values and in compliance with its Code of Business Conduct.
- Maintains high regard for member and Medicare beneficiary privacy and complies with Corporate Privacy and information security policies.
- Contributes to the achievement of our Corporate Affirmative Action goals and objectives.
- Responsible for quality and continuous improvement within the job scope. Contributes to and supports the company's quality initiatives.
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: 1-3 Years
Last updated on 08/09/2019
18.00 - 21.00
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.