DescriptionWhat to expect:
Under general supervision, performs custodial duties and minor repairs; assists in sanitation control and checks for safety hazards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains premises of facilities in clean and orderly condition, performing the following duties: Cleans rooms, hallways, lobbies, rest rooms, corridors, stairways, and locker rooms and other work areas.
- Sweeps, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floors, using brooms and mops and powered scrubbing and waxing machines.
- Uses cleaning utensils (brooms, mops, etc.) according to each area?s color coding instructions.
- Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies, using vacuum cleaner.
- Dusts furniture and equipment.
- Polishes metalwork, such as fixtures and fittings.
- Washes walls, ceiling, and woodwork.
- Washes windows, door panels, and sills.
- Empties trash and garbage containers and transports trash and waste to disposal area.
- Replenishes kitchen and bathroom supplies.
- May perform minor and routine maintenance activities using hand tools.
- May replace air conditioner filters.
- Keeps grounds free of debris.
- Cleans snow from entrances and sidewalks.
- Keeps janitor?s room neat and orderly; and reports supply needs to supervisor.
- Notifies supervisor of need for minor and major repairs.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Some custodial experience preferred.
Knowldge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to assist in keeping the buildings and grounds clean and orderly.
- Moderate physical activity, requires standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Must be physically able to bend, stoop, climb, and reach.
- Must be able to lift and carry items weighing 50 pounds.
- Must be comfortable in a light industrial environment, including some exposure to non-toxic dust.
1st shift - 5am to 5pm Mon, Tue, Wed, every other Thurs.
2nd shift - 5pm to 5am Mon, Tue, Wed, every other Thurs.
3rd shift - 5am to 5pm Fri, Sat, Sun, every other Thurs.
4th shisft - 5pm - 5am Fri, Sat, Sun, every other Thurs.
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: Entry Level
Last updated on 05/04/2021
14.50 - 15.50
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at email@example.com. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.