DescriptionLocal CPA Firm now has an opening for an Accountant to work in our South Salem branch.
We have been servicing Salem and the surrounding areas for over 30 years. We pride ourselves on our service, we are dedicated to taking care of our clients, as well as our staff.
We are looking for an experienced accountant, with a minimum 1 - 3 years? experience, whose goal is to eventually obtain their CPA License. We prefer someone with experience working in a CPA firm.
We are a tightknit team, we are all hardworking professionals who believe customer service is key to a successful business; we are looking for a likeminded individual to join our team.
Standard Job Functions:
- Accounting and financial services for multiple accounts
- Personalized financial guidance and accounting services for client accounts
- Accounting Functions for multiple accounts, including tax prep, payroll services, retirement accounts
- Prepare reports, month end reports, etc.
- Prepare individual and business income tax returns
- Prepare compiled and reviewed financial statements
- Payroll processing, full-cycle
- Additional projects upon request, such as tax planning, financial consulting, accounting projects, and more
- Proficient with QuickBooks
- Proficient with MS Office, mainly with Excel
- Computer literate, ability to quickly learn various accounting systems
- Previous experience working as a public accountant
- Ability to manage multiple client accounts, and projects at once
- Confidentiality is of the utmost importance
- Ability to remain professional at all times, must always represent the company in a professional manner on or off the clock
- Previous experience preparing individual and business income tax returns
- Desired, a professional, well-spoken, open and honest individual with integrity
- Ability to quickly develop trusting relationships, connect with clients and team members quickly
- Able to self-manage, set deadlines for self, and stay on task without supervision
- Ability to make sound decisions, know when to say no and have a never-give-up attitude
Desired Education, Skills and Abilities:
- BS in Accounting, or any other applicable field of study, or equivalent combination of certification, experience, and education.
- Desire to obtain CPA license within the first 1 to 2 years of employment
We are dedicated to investing in our team. We are willing to help the right person with obtaining their CPA license, as we care about the success of our employees. We value our employees and believe in promoting from within. We offer competitive wages and have an attractive benefits and time off package. We have a laid-back environment, with an open door policy. We understand life happens and want our employees to have a work/life balance.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Please submit a cover letter and resume for consideration. Pay will depend upon experience.
Job RequirementsEducation Required: Bachelor
Experience Required: 3-5 Years
Last updated on 08/24/2018
Pay determined upon experience.
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at email@example.com. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.