DescriptionThe controller position is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company?s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
Duties and Tasks Statements:
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits: providing information to external auditors.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains financial staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing disciplines of internal audits, controls and checks across all departments
- Manage the accuracy and productively of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, customer credits and collections, payroll, perpetual inventory integrity, fixed asset records, general & entity accounting, cost accounting, and Operations etc.
- Develop, improve and issue timely monthly financial records for Executive Director, development and Board of Directors
- Assure financial plans are consistent with organizational goals
- Provide financial analysis tools to evaluate company ventures or special projects, programs, capital expenditures, products costing, etc. when necessary
- Assure that assets are not awkwardly encumbered with personal guarantees or unrealistic commitment.
- Work closely with Executive Director in the development and economic evaluation of various fringe benefit programs for staff and program components
- Interface with outside audit firms(s), Banks and lessors, casualty/liability insurance agent(s), credit care companies, and collection agencies
- Provide a visionary and leadership implementation role on behalf of Finance and Human Resources to all departments, creating a well-respected and sought after department goal
- Report to the Board of Directors when necessary in writing and verbally
- Manages the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Accounting/Finance, Operations
The controller candidate should have a Bachelor?s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 10+ years of progressively responsible experience. Preference will be given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations.
Bachelor's Degree from four-year College or university; Master?s preferred. CPA license is preferred but not required.
- GAAP accounting ~ this is a deal breaker. Candidate must have experience and expertise in GAAP.
- Excel & QuickBooks Expertise ~ another deal breaker
401k with up to 4% match
Two weeks paid leave after one year
Medical with partial co-pay, dental, vision and short term disability insurance
6 paid holdiays
Job RequirementsEducation Required: Bachelor
Experience Required: More than 5 years
Last updated on 06/04/2021
24.00 - 29.00
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.