DescriptionAre you in the Commercial Construction Services industry looking for a New opportunity in Eugene with an exciting company offering a solid career with one of the best regional Commercial Contractors in Oregon? We are looking for the best Construction Superintendent who shares common values of service, integrity and commitment to clients, employees and families. As the Construction Superintendent you will have industry experience in commercial construction, demonstrating a successful track record of completing large scale projects.
Essential personal attributes will include self-motivation, inherent leadership and organizational skills, a strong work ethic, a positive attitude and an absolute commitment to ethical practices. Overall coordination and management of onsite activities, scheduling, QA/QC, Project safety and client satisfaction of assigned construction projects. As a Superintendent you will work as a team member with experienced Project Managers for the successful completion of projects. You will report directly to the V.P. of Construction Operations and you will enjoy direct access and ongoing dialogue with the Owner and President.
The Construction Superintendent is responsible for the day-to-day field operations of the project. The superintendent must possess the knowledge, experience and confidence to engage and professionally interact with the design professionals, consultants and client while successfully directing the subcontractors and other construction related personnel in planning, coordinating and safely executing the work in accordance with the contract documents, schedule and budget. The superintendent will work closely with the project manager, providing continual updates and fulfill an integral role on the project.The Construction Superintendent must be professional, and a personable leader committed to the overall objective and self-development within the company.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities necessary to meet the minimum job requirements of this position:
- At least 10 years of field commercial construction experience, with at least 5 years in a Superintendent capacity, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Thorough understanding of building construction means and methods, scheduling and cost control procedures, general contract, general conditions, subcontract documents, drawings and specifications.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills both oral and written.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret all necessary construction plans, blueprints and documents.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations including algebra and geometry.
- Proficient computer skills and a familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Must possess valid CPR and first aid certifications including OSHA Certified 10-hour training.
- Available to work flexible hours, average of 40+ hours per week standard, or as needed. Arrive thirty (30) minutes prior to scheduled start and leave thirty (30) minutes after completion of all trades.
**Direct Hire opportunity**
Job RequirementsEducation Required: Associate
Experience Required: More than 5 years
Last updated on 04/25/2019
Pay determined upon experience.
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.