DescriptionAre you looking for a challenge? Do you like helping others? We are a company that supports people with disabilities in their effort to contribute to the community through employment, career and retirement opportunities.
We are currently looking for a part-time Job Coach. You will provide on-the-job training and support to individuals with disabilities in various community work settings. In addition, you will assist in educating employers on disability awareness and identifying natural support options.
- Positive role model for the individual you are working with
- Providing hands-on support to the individual while they transition into a new job
- Providing on-going support to the individual as they work at retaining and growing in their job
- Education and supporting the employer as he/she becomes more knowledgeable about disabilities and necessary accommodations
- Assisting community employers in the identification and development of natural supports to meet the needs of the individual
- Providing the necessary hands-on support at the community work experience or placement site to ensure a positive outcome for the employer, individual and referral source
- Maintaining effective communication with the individual, employer, referral source and designated staff
- Effectively performing all required documentation and record keeping
- Excellent interpersonal skills (sign language a plus)
- Ability to conduct assessment instruments and identify barriers
- Ability to train/instruct diverse workforce
- Skills in judgment, decision-making and balancing multiple priorities
- Physical ability to stand, walk, twist, bend, kneel, grasp and reach
- Physical ability to occasionally push, pull, lift and carry up to 40lbs
Education and/or Experience Required:
- Minimum of 1-2 years? experience working with/providing training to individuals with disabilities.
- High school diploma or equivalent
This is a part time position. $13.00 an hour
We are an equal opportunity employer
To Apply go to www.work4psi.com and submit your resume
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: Entry Level
Last updated on 11/28/2018
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.