DescriptionThe role of the Medical Assistant - Advanced is to act as a healthcare professional, performing clinical duties and managing administrative tasks. The CCMA will also provide quality and comprehensive patient care as a member of a multi-disciplinary, patient-centered primary care team.
Performs Essential Job Duties
- Demonstrates competency in all areas of administrative and clinical duties of a Medical Assistant - Advanced
- Using computer applications and electronic health records
- Utilize clinical and clerical skills inputting ancillary orders into EPIC
- Ensure all related reports, labs and information is filled and available in the patients? medical records prior to their appointment
- Processing prior authorizations, medical correspondence, etc.
- Processing prescription refills as directed by a provider
- Scheduling and canceling of medical appointments
- Liaising with laboratories and insurance companies
- Arranging for hospital admissions and laboratory services
- Instructs patient in obtaining tests and assists with the scheduling of tests, treatments or specialty referrals as requested by the clinic physician
- Creates a customer friendly atmosphere to provide the best quality service to our patients and customers
- Prepares exam and treatment rooms with necessary equipment, instruments and supplies
- Ushers patient to exam room and follows the clinics Rooming Standards
- Maintains timely flow of patients regarding acuity and communication with front office
- Initiates cleaning of equipment and patient rooms in a timely manner
- Assisting the provider during exams/procedures
- Provides treatments and administers medication and vaccines as ordered
- Give instructions/patient education to patients as instructed by provider
- Performing point of care testing
- Administers electrocardiograms (ECGs)
- Removing sutures and changing dressings
- Sterilizing medical equipment and instruments
- Demonstrates teamwork by practicing the clinic's Mission, Values and Behavioral Standards to ensure a highly effective team
- Treat all patients and customers with courtesy, respect, and prompt service
- Demonstrates the ability to interact with all ages of patients and clients, at their level of comprehension, including pediatric, adolescent and geriatric individuals and recognizes and values difference related to culture, age and levels of expertise
- Maintains all patient and employee information as confidential following all HIPAA policies
- Distributes surveys to patients when applicable according to individual clinic procedures
- Demonstrates empowerment by taking prompt action to remedy misunderstandings or inconvenience to patients and customers
- Ensures timely access to care without judgement or bias
- Promotes positive working relationships and demonstrates collaborative team-oriented behaviors when working with co-workers, supervision and others
- Participates in and contributes to department committees, groups, meetings and peer evaluations
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to adjust workload or duties in response to unexpected changes in work volume, emergencies, staffing and scheduling
- Maintains open lines of communications, willingly sharing knowledge with others, accepting and providing constructive feedback in a supportive and non-judgmental manner
- Maintain competency in job duties and demonstrates willingness to orient and train new employees
- Shows respect to coworkers by complying with the clinic's policies regarding work time, personal calls, breaks, etc.
- Refrains from blaming others when difficult situations arise, accepts responsibility for any errors made
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment
- Identifies and implements cost savings measures
Job RequirementsEducation Required: Technical College
Experience Required: 1-3 Years
Last updated on 07/19/2021
16.00 - 18.00
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at email@example.com. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.