DescriptionPosition Summary Shipping and Delivery Assistant accepts shipments and ships product by unloading, loading, and verifying shipments. This position reports to the Delivery/Shipping Manager, Installation Manager & Production Foreman.
Essential Duties include (but are not limited to)
- Package, Load, Unload and Deliver cabinets and related materials from Production into Delivery Trailers.
- Unload and deliver cabinets from trailers to job sites.
- Job sites may include stairs, uneven/unfinished ground.
- Must work to overcome obstacles to complete delivery using common sense
- Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Prepares shipments by assembling, packing, and protecting orders on appropriate pallet or crate.
- Attaches identifying information and shipping instructions onto packages.
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
- Receive shipments via UPS, Fedex, etc.
- Unload and receive shipments from vendors using various equipment (forklift, pallet jack, etc.)
- Verifies items received by inspecting condition of items; comparing count/measure of items to purchase order and packing list; noting discrepancies, rejects damaged items, records shortages.
- Documents items received by recording identifying information.
- Transfers orders received by routing or delivering items to requesting department.
- Operates forklift, pallet jack, and hand truck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage or work area.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- General customer service activities, i.e. follow-up, problem resolution, warrantee, etc.
- Comply with all Company, OSHA, and WISHA safety standards. Qualifications
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working in a high volume, fast paced manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of cabinet manufacturing products, materials, and equipment.
- Ability to operate forklifts and other shipping equipment
- Ability to understand shipping and receiving paperwork.
- Must have good communication and organizational skills.
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: Entry Level
Last updated on 09/13/2001
14.00 - 15.00
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.