DescriptionCurrently seeking to fill a Buyer position. The purpose of the role is to obtain goods and services by managing continuous supply sources for quality materials.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate order requisitions and place orders ensuring timely delivery of materials
- Analyze quotes and negotiate pricing, terms, and conditions with suppliers and contractors
- Monitor inventory levels and adjust delivery schedules as needed
- Utilize ERP system to analyze and evaluate material
- Address and record defective or inaccurate material issues with supporting departments
- Initiate and apply cost reduction methods
- Research issues regarding part shortages and provide planning feedback to production
- Investigate incorrect shipments, and take appropriate action
- Assess invoices and receipts for accuracy and verification of vendor quotes
- Manage vendor relationships
- Generate and manage various reports regarding material open orders and shortages
- Support continuous improvement efforts within team and supporting departments
- Additional tasks, and projects as directed
Education and Experience:
- Minimum two years direct purchasing experience preferred
- Working knowledge of BOMs, TDNs and ECOs and their processes preferred
- Experience utilizing MS Office as well as SAP or equivalent ERP software preferred
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or; an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Interested? Please Apply!
Thank you for taking your time in reviewing this. If you feel this would be a better fit for someone you know, please pass this message along and encourage them to apply!
All applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and a nationwide criminal background check. Personnel Source is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: 3-5 Years
Last updated on 02/18/2019
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.