DescriptionBuyer I is an entry level purchasing position that requires a basic rudimentary understanding of basic purchasing functions and their relationship to a manufacturing activity. Buyer I reports to the Purchasing Supervisor. This is either an Exempt or Non-exempt position.
Duties and Task Statements:
- Purchases/Expedites/Reschedules/ and statuses purchase orders as requested by Max Planning System on assigned commodities.
- Initiates the processing of required support documents required on all planning reports.
- Reviews and takes actions on all discrepant materials, both from a replacement standpoint but to ensure the discrepancy does not happen again.
- Ensures all procurements fall within the standard cost or most recent quotation to ensure costing is consistent with the overall business plan
- Interfaces with jobsite's supply base on an as requested basis. This activity may be performed either in person, phone, or other communication methods.
- Other duties as requested and required.
- Fax Machine
- Copy Machine
- General Office Equipment
- Standard office supplies
Formal Interactions with Others:
- Interfaces with all functional departments within jobsite. Must possess outstanding communication skills both verbal and written.
- The work setting consists of an office environment with suitable lighting, a low to moderate noise level, and comfortable temperatures. The work schedule consists of a five day, 40-hour workweek with overtime dependent on department needs.
- One (1) year minimum experience in purchasing desirable
- No supervisory responsibilities required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Computer skills in Word, Excel and E-Mail required. Excellent communication skills both written and verbal required. Able to work effectively with others required. APICS/Purchasing course work is highly desirable.
- Excellent Math skills required.
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: Entry Level
Last updated on 04/04/2019
12.00 - 14.00
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.