DescriptionSupport mission, goal achievement, and organizational quality in a team based patient-centered care setting. Incorporate core organizational values of respect, integrity, compassion, honesty, and community in all activities and decisions. This position is responsible for dental billings and accounts receivable by maintaining coding requirements, ensuring support and staff training of dental plans and grant requirements. Provide excellent customer service to all internal and external customers, which include team members, patients, volunteers, students, visitors, and vendors, by consistently exceeding the customer?s expectations and protecting the dignity of all patients and their families, as well as co-workers and others. This position requires travel to all job sites dental clinics.
SUPERVISION: Supervision is not an expectation of this position Works under the direct supervision of the Revenue Director
- Accounts Receivable/Insurance and Program Billing. Collect 90% of receivables within 90 days of service. Review all insurance claims for accuracy. Review claim denials in a timely manner.
- Administrative Functions. Oversee and ensure pricing.
- Data Management. Maintain up-to-date accurate information in all billing software to ensure the ability to accurately quantify financial and program outcomes.
- Personnel Leadership. Support PSRs at all clinic sites to engage in their assigned work through implementation of team building, performance coaching, and problem-solving strategies.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED required. Associate?s degree preferred
EXPERIENCE: Minimum five years? experience in a medical billing office preferred. Certified Professional Biller or Certified Professional Coder preferred.
- Fluent Bilingual English/Spanish reading and writing skills desirable
- Valid driver?s license, reliable transportation, and proof of automobile insurance
- Ability to report to work as scheduled and work a flexible schedule when necessary
- Ability to pass a drug screen, background and credit check
- Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Demonstrated problem solving and consensus building skills
- Ability to work as a team member and independently when needed
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Accounts receivable tasks, clinic policies/procedures, and paperwork
- Medical billing/collection practices
- Legal and regulatory government provisions and reimbursement programs
- Most current medical coding policies, procedures, and reimbursement practices
- Customer service concepts and techniques
- Third-party and insurance company operating procedures, regulations and billing requirements
SKILLS AND ABILITIES TO:
- Identify and resolve problems, i.e. examine insurance documents for accuracy and completeness
- Perform effective claims review
- Communicate effectively with all level and diversity of staff and patients
- Exercise initiative, judgment, discretion and decision-making to achieve organizational objectives
- Affect positive interactions with the public, patients, and interpersonal relations in dealing with fellow employees and supervisors, so that productivity and positive employee relations are maximized
- Support and contribute to effective safety and risk management efforts by adhering to established policies and procedures, maintaining a safe environment, promoting accident prevention, and identifying and reporting potential liabilities
- Demonstrate awareness of legal issues regarding patient care
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: More than 5 years
Last updated on 05/13/2019
18.00 - 18.50
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at email@example.com. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.