DescriptionPersonnel Source is looking for an Assistant Production Manager for our Springfield client!
This position is full-time, swing shift, Monday-Thursday 3:20pm-1:50am (3 day weekends!!) $20-25/hr.
The selected candidate will assist in the management of all areas of manufacturing to produce products and direct activities so that approved products are manufactured on-schedule and within quality standards and cost objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Production Manager in improving a system of production control, standard operating procedure, safety, quality control, and performance management.
- Assists in day to day operations of production focusing on custom cap production and to assist management with operations in production of embroidery decorations and their process.
- Ensures effective employee relations. Provides employee coaching and development. Makes employment decisions along with Production Manager. Resolves employee issues through problem resolution.
- Balances quality, productivity, cost, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all areas. Works to continuously improve in all areas.
- Manages departmental performance measures and provides regular progress reports to the Production Manager.
- Must be able to perform (learn) all phases/steps of our manufacturing process
- Must be familiar with the basic machine functions in order to perform the tasks stated above.
- Provides leadership.
- Tracks absenteeism and time-keeping.
- Required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- Great design skills and ability to create compelling work that contributes to the success of the company.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong work ethic
- Education and /or Experience: High School Diploma or GED plus 3-5 years experience in a manufacturing management, preferably in a process-oriented operation or related industry.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
- Works well in group problem solving situations.
Full medical and dental benefits are provided and Paid Time Off (PTO) after hire on. There is also the opportunity to acquire overtime on Fridays and Saturdays if you so choose.
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: 3-5 Years
Last updated on 06/10/2021
20.00 - 25.00
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.