DescriptionTo assist the Press Operator in leading the press crew in the everyday operation of the press, to ensure that the Press is Operating in the safest possible manner, that the quality of the produced product exceeds our customer?s expectations and that performance goals are achieved. Must assist each Press Crew during the make-ready to reduce make-ready times on all presses. To perform this job successfully, an individual must obey all Safety procedures. Individual must have excellent attendance, be able to work independently and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Make Ready/Registration, Wash Up of printing presses.
- Feeder operation.
- Troubleshooting printing problems and correcting.
- Comply with safe work practices rules and policies.
- General housekeeping.
- Compliance with Quality related procedures.
- Completing required paperwork to accompany each job as well as labor reporting forms.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Be able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to interact with customers, co-workers, and managers in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while meeting deadlines safely and within quality specifications
- Knowledge: H.S. Education or equivalent, computer literate.
- Experience: Manufacturing experience required.
Minimum of two years Assistant Pressman experience required. (Five years preferred.)
Machine preventative maintenance experience required.
Printing press basic trouble shooting experience preferred.
- Skills: Mechanical, communication.
- Abilities: Good attendance, guide teams/processes, ability to work alone.
- Core Values: Demonstrates qualities of our Core Values ? Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Relationships & Teamwork
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time up to 12-hours.
- Awkward and/or repetitive movements.
- Occasional climbing, stooping, bending and overhead reaching.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
- Use of various hand and electrical tools and equipment
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: Entry Level
Last updated on 10/25/2018
17.00 - 19.00
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at email@example.com. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.