DescriptionThe assistant engineer, under the direction of Chief Engineer, performs a variety of duties; repairs and maintains the building, machinery and equipment throughout the complex. In addition, performs a wide range of maintenance and housekeeping tasks, including electrical, mechanical, carpentry, and grounds keeping assignments.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Responsible for maintaining and repairing machinery and large equipment in a commercial laundry.
- Responsible for ensuring that all repairs are performed in a timely manner.
- Ensures that boilers, lights, air condition, water and electrical equipment are shutoff when not needed. Unused areas are locked and secured
- Ensures proper plant startup and shutdown according to company policy and in accordance with company schedules.
- Cleaning out machinery and building; greasing oiling and other p.m. work; plant startup and shutdown; repairing machinery; ordering parts and inventory
- Responsible for ensuring that all chemicals are prepared according to the appropriate wash formulas and in the appropriate quantities.
- Follow quality control procedures and standards set by the Laundry and OSHA.
- Participates in fire drills and disaster drills and the reporting all safety hazards.
- Encourages teamwork through cooperative interaction with co-workers and other departments.
- Maintains a professional appearance through actions and dress.
- Maintains a safe work environment for self and others, and follows established safety standards. Wears prescribed protective equipment gloves, apron, and protective glasses.
We will need someone who is licensed to drive and can show proof of insurance(running parts)
Flexibility is a must, working second shift typically until 10:30pm or until finished, work one weekend out of the month.
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: At Least 1 Year
Last updated on 06/23/2021
18.00 - 20.00
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at email@example.com. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.