DescriptionAdmin needed to coordinate and perform a wide variety of responsible and complex administrative support duties for the assigned Department. Incumbents are responsible for performing data entry, customer service, creating reports, assisting with publications and other routine activities. Wage DOE
Provides courteous and professional customer service to internal and external customers during telephone contact and face-to-face interaction and responds appropriately to written correspondence.
Perform Office filing. Duties consist of document filing for accounts payable, keeping file folders current by preparing new folders as needed, providing a logical index system for easier retrieval, archiving files and determining retention dates based on Archives Division/OAR schedule.
Become familiar with office procedures in order to act as office backup to staff in case of vacation, emergency or sickness.
Processes payroll for approval and assists as needed.
KNOWLEDGE. SKILLS AND ABILITIES.
1. Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
2. Knowledge of English grammar, spelling, vocabulary, and punctuation.
3. Knowledge of business letter writing.
4. Advanced skill with common word processing, spreadsheet, and database software.
5. Ability to work independently.
6. Ability to make basic mathematical computations accurately.
7. Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
8. Ability to exercise good judgment.
9. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
10. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form.
11. Ability to interpret and apply administrative and departmental policies and procedures.
12. Ability to anticipate customer needs and give high priority to customer service and satisfaction.
13. Ability to develop alternative solutions and recommendations in support of stated goals.
14. Ability to work with staff and accept direction on employee related improvements.
1. Advanced knowledge of office practices, filing systems, and record keeping procedures.
2. Knowledge of Word and Excel.
3. Experience in front line customer service.
4. Equivalent of high school diploma or three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
5. Priority will be given to bilingual Spanish speakers.
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: Entry Level
Last updated on 11/06/2020
18.00 - 20.00
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.