- High School Diploma or equivalent with one year of customer service experience or equivalent combination of education and job related experience.
- Accounts Receivable experience is preferred, but not required.
- College coursework or degree preferred.
- Data entry experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in written, verbal and listening communication skills.
- Experience using and navigating through a variety of personal computer software applications, including Excel and Word, to perform accounting functions.
- 10-key by touch - 8,500 KPH or 40 WPM keyboarding / typing
- Working knowledge of general office practices and procedures
- Ability to work as part of a team and interact effectively with others
- Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts and calculations
- Demonstrated negotiating skills, with the ability to be assertive and persuasive.
- Attention to detail
- Under direct supervision, fields incoming and outgoing telephone calls to customers related to past due/delinquent accounts.
- Provides customer service to both Internal and External Customers.
- Maintains customer-focused approach regarding customers? financial difficulties.
- Regularly handles the pace of high call volumes with ease and confidence.
- Performs ongoing accounts receivable management and duties consistent with the respective Delinquency Policies to ensure timely receipt of payments.
- Documents account notes with full and complete descriptions of conversations, negotiations, payment arrangements, and any updates performed.
- Coordinates and supports the policy cancellation, reinstatement, and appeal process, with Membership, Customer Service, Underwriting, and Marketing related to Individual and Group premium delinquency.
- Communicate with internal / external customers, members, brokers, vendors, and business partners related to various Cash Management, Premium Processing, A/R, and Delinquency issues.
- Meets or exceeds assigned productivity measurements.
- Work is primarily performed in an office environment.
Expectations of All Contingent Workforce:
- Conducts business with high regard for Corporate values and in compliance with its Code of Business Conduct.
- Maintains high regard for member and Medicare beneficiary privacy and complies with Corporate Privacy and information security policies.
- Contributes to the achievement of our Corporate Affirmative Action goals and objectives.
- Responsible for quality and continuous improvement within the job scope. Contributes to and supports the company's quality initiatives.
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: Entry Level
Last updated on 11/01/2018
23.00 - 23.50
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.