DescriptionPersonnel Source is looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist for our West Eugene client!
This position is full-time, Mon-Fri 8am-5pm. This position is currently temporary with a duration of about 1-2 month, but does have the potential of temp to hire for the right candidate!
The Accounts Payable position is responsible for processing a heavy volume of supplier and freight invoices, employee expense reports, processing weekly payment runs and building strong working relationships with suppliers and employees.
Key Functions and Responsibilities:
- Process supplier invoices and check requests
- Process high volume of incoming/outgoing freight invoices, including initial coding
- Process employee expense reports
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval per company matrix
- Process weekly check run including electronic and wire payments
- Process manual checks as required
- Respond to all vendor inquiries
- Sort and distribute incoming mail
- Reconcile vendor statements, research, and correct discrepancies
- Assist with month end closing
- Maintain files and documentation in accordance with company policy and generally accepted accounting principles.
- 1099/W-9 maintenance including year-end generation and mailing of 1099?s
- Create and maintain Standard Operating Processes as needed
Required Competencies & Knowledge:
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Reports and software to effectively troubleshoot problems and create reports
- General knowledge of applicable accounts payable systems and procedures
- Organization and time management
- High levels of accuracy and attention to details
- Able to work independently with limited supervision
- Demonstrate professional & effective written and verbal communication skills
- Maintain collaborative and positive working relationships with vendors and customers in all levels of our organization
- Give and receive direction in a constructive and professional manner
- Participate meaningfully in cross-functional discussions and meetings
- Proficiency in: MS Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel), 10-key by touch
- 3+ years of Accounts Payable preferably with high volume
- High school diploma required, college courses in Accounting related courses preferred
- Prior Accounts Payable experience in the food and beverage industry preferred
- Must be able to pass background check and drug screen
- Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: $21.00 - $24.00 per hour
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: 3-5 Years
Last updated on 06/24/2021
21.00 - 24.00
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at email@example.com. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.