Descriptionp>Responsible for recording all COMPANY accounts receivable, accounts payable, cash receipts, and cash disbursements. Responsibilities also include performing financial processing for property management including balancing accounts, providing final accountings, and tracking collection information. Reconciles accounts on a regular basis and performs other general accounting functions as needed. Back-up to payroll specialist in the preparation and processing of payroll related transactions
Position Duties & Responsibilities
- At least 2 years experience in a position processing high volumes of Accounts Payables (A/P) and Accounts Receivables (A/R)
- Working knowledge of accounting and all accounting functions
- Ability to apply skills in accounting for multiple rental complexes and entities with various accounting requirements and cash accounts
- Prepares A/P and cash disbursements for entry into accounting system
- Prepares A/R billings and cash receipts for entry into accounting system
- Enters A/P, A/R, cash disbursement and cash receipt accounting transactions in the accounting system for review and posting
- Prepares and inputs monthly weatherization, maintenance inventory and maintenance cost allocations. Prepares and inputs quarterly vehicle allocation
- Prepares and inputs A/R and A/P related journal entries
- Prepares and inputs A/P and journal entries to record fixed assets in the accounting software
- Reconciles outstanding A/P and A/R to the general ledger on semi-monthly, monthly, quarterly, and/or annual basis
- Provides facility and communication costs reports for previous 12 months to assist in cost allocations
- Supports the Finance/HR Manager in the preparation of audit work papers
- Maintains spreadsheets with vehicle data and key log, and controls issuance of vehicle keys
- Provides fiscal training to other fiscal staff and agency personnel as needed
- Identifies internal control risks to Finance/HR Manager or Finance Director
- Completes other duties and special projects assigned by the Finance/HR Manager or Finance Director
- Belief in COMPANY’ mission to help people help themselves.
- At least 2 years of related experience
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Able to work effectively with customers and co-workers, and maintain confidentiality
- Excellent record keeping and organizational skills.
Job Announcement Accounting Specialist
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to maintain sustained concentration with attention to detail.
- Excellent computer, 10 key, and keyboarding skills, including thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office 2007.
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively, and multitask in a variety of areas
- Valid Oregon Drivers license with record that is acceptable under ACCESS’ insurance policies.
- An associate’s degree in accounting or business
- Experience with Abila MIP
Job RequirementsEducation Required: Associate
Experience Required: At Least 1 Year
Last updated on 09/24/2021
16.50 - 19.50
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at email@example.com. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.