DescriptionLeading manufacturer located in Woodburn currently looking for an accounting manager. Well-established company, leader in the metal building industry, looking for an experienced accounting manager to join our team. This is a great career opportunity, we offer a competitive salary, with a bonus, as well as an attractive benefits and time off package.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Acquire comprehensive working knowledge of Company to effectively perform, manage, analyze and monitor daily operations of the accounting department, encompassing the general ledger, payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, job costing, WIP, inventory, treasury and cash flow functions.
- Strong ability to employ full-cycle accounting knowledge and skills to ensure accurate and timely financial reports in accordance with GAAP.
- Forecast for budgeting purposes and create models for growth opportunities.
- Enhance, develop, and/or implement systems, policies, procedures and internal controls to provide recommendations, improve systems and initiate corrective actions.
- Oversee payroll processing and HR functions, to include but not limited to, employee benefits administration and accruals, 401k plan, Worker’s Compensation and SAIF reporting, compliance, unemployment claims, periodic audits and file maintenance.
- Oversee, manage and ensure tax compliance; that all tax reporting requirements including payroll and employment taxes, franchise and sales taxes, are met.
- Oversee risk and Corporate insurance requirements; and, general liability issues and audits.
- Quarterly accounting required for related entities.
- Collaborative team member in a professional work environment, with ability to effectively interact with senior level management and all staff levels with professional discretion and discernment, independent judgment and business acumen.
- Self-directed and takes initiative, with exceptional planning and organization skills. A strong capacity to prioritize competing deadlines and effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent time management skills; articulate in verbal, writing and presentation skills; dependability a must; resourceful and reliable with a strong sense of urgency and accountability.
- A strong work ethic, integrity and transparent communication are critical professional characteristics that will be required in this role.
- Ability to manage a high degree of complexity in dealing with both recurring and variable work situations, while communicating effectively and courteously through email, telephone and in person.
DESIRED SKILLS /AND REQUIRED EDUCATION
- Strong understanding of GAAP and best practices accrual-based accounting with full-cycle accounting expertise to manage the monthly and year-end close. Proven knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations.
- Technically proficient, with advanced computer skills; ability to manipulate large amounts of data; excellent analytical skills and ability to solve complex accounting issues; highly attentive to detail with understanding of the importance of accuracy and security.
- Experience, skills and education equivalent to an undergraduate accounting degree.
- Accounting in a manufacturing environment preferred, for job costing and WIP reporting.
- Microsoft Suite proficiency; Excel mastery, ERP accounting systems with Sage platform a high preference. Work experience in a paperless environment preferred.
- Human resource administration experience preferred.
- Requires ability to meet workload demands during peak periods. Requires extensive keyboarding and monitor viewing
Pay range $65,000 to $70,000, plus bonus
Job RequirementsEducation Required: Bachelor
Experience Required: 1-3 Years
Last updated on 10/06/2018
65000.00 - 70000.00
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.