- Detail Oriented, work requires a high degree of accuracy
- Able to work under pressure, including intense pressure for 2-3 days per month
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions and well established procedures
- Must be able to work with a variety of personality types
- Exhibit tact and diplomacy
- Must be able to meet deadlines without fail
- Must be reliable and dependable, able to maintain confidentiality.
- Self-starter who can work under moderate supervision preferred.
- Must be accountable to work performed
- Requires knowledge of state and federal payroll and tax regulations
- Minimum 3 years working in Accounting & Payroll
- Experience with in house payroll required
- Knowledge of compensation, benefits, and tax issues
- Familiarity of working with collective bargaining contracts preferred
Essential tasks for ?cradle to grave? payroll for 450 employees composed of 9 unique pay classes:
- Entry and quality check of employee time details
- Data entry of changes to W4, direct deposits, PDO and sick cash outs, referral incentives, prenotes, garnishments and other adjustments
- Process and quality check proofs
- Monitor and respond to garnishments as needed
- Finalize payrolls, prep and disperse pay checks
- Process accounts payable for payroll
- Proof and prepare W2 forms
- Respond to customer (employee) inquiries and questions
- Maintain payroll files
- Reporting to government entities relating to payroll, including 457c, taxes, PERS, veba
- Process quarterly returns, including Oregon State Tax, 941, Unemployment, Workers Comp
Other accounting duties as assigned, including insurance and uniform reconciliations, bank matching, monthly and year end closing processes, and collections.
Education: Bachelor?s degree in Accounting, Finance or a closely related field
Essential skills: 10 key, Microsoft Office, including intermediate Excel skills, computerized accounting systems, MS GP Dynamics strongly preferred, excellent written and verbal communication skills
Job RequirementsEducation Required: Bachelor
Experience Required: 1-3 Years
Last updated on 03/09/2019
17.00 - 21.00
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at email@example.com. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.