WE ARE LOOKING FOR TWO MIG/TIG WELDERS (NO CERTIFICATION REQUIRED).
THIS IS A FULLTIME, CAREER OPPORTUNITY.
NOTE: Must be able to pass an onsite weld test and be able to become certified once employed.
GENERAL POSITION INFORMATION
We are now accepting applications, from qualified candidates, for 2 open positions for TIG/MIG Welders. This is a great opportunity to gain on the job training and certification. This is an opportunity to work for a company who’s been in business for over forty years; they have an amazing reputation and are well known for how well they treat their employees.
These positions are fulltime, working hours are 6:30 AM to 3:30 PM, starting pay is $13.00. You will gain on the job training and have the ability to become a certified welder. This is a great opportunity for growth. If you meet the following criteria and wish to be considered for this position please apply online by going to our website at: www.work4psi.com. If you would like to go a step further and submit a cover letter and resume, you may email us at: email@example.com. Please be sure to list the position for which you are applying to ensure your application/resume is properly handled.
Qualified candidates MUST be able to pass a weld test(s) for both MIG and TIG welding. Must be able to prove you know how to, and understand the process for, setting up the welders. Must also be able to weld vertical and horizontal welds with satisfactory results. Must be able to explain, and show you understand, the safety hazards associated with the job. As well as know the proper steps to take to ensure your, and your coworker’s, safety.
WORK ENVIRONMENT— Must be willing and able to work in an environment exposed to elements which may include but are not limited to coolant, dust, moisture, loud noises, and uncontrolled temperatures. Attention to detail is very important, must be a team player, and able to clearly communicate with coworkers and supervisors.
- Complete welding projects assigned by supervisor
- Comply with company and industry safety standards and policies
- Quality of work, must check own work and be able to catch any welds which are not to spec
- Ensure welder settings are correct
- MIG and TIG weld and set up (join/fabricate materials: steel and aluminum )
- Cleanliness, keep work area clean and organized, as well as take care of equipment
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must know the basics of welding (will be given a weld test at hire)
- Must be able to identify a weld which is out of spec, and understand company or project standards
- Must be able to setup machines for use
- Must know how to operate and/or read different types of equipment and/or hand tools such as: grinders, sanders, calipers, gauges, tape measure, etc. (if applicable)
- Must be able to read, or quickly learn how to. read blueprints to determine welding specs for the project at hand
- Must be able to read and understand written instructions
- Must have a basic understanding and knowledge of how to use welding equipment
Experience: At least 6 mos. to 1 yr. of experience required.
Education: Welding Certificate desired but not required.
Computer Skills: Basic computer skills a plus. Basic math skills required.
Testing: Must be able to pass an onsite welding test
Job Requirements & Worksite Info
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.