WELDER NEEDED IN PORTLAND ON DAYS = FULL TIME
To weld and repair; with company owned tools, any and all equipment and or assets. Regular and reliable attendance is required.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Minimum of 5 years experience required in electric arc, gas shielded arc, and gas welding.
- Must be capable of executing welds in all positions with all types of metals and alloys in various shapes including pipes, plates, structural forms, sheet metal, bar stock, machinery and equipment.
- Must be able to fabricate repair or replacement parts from scratch with or with out blue prints or shop drawings.
- Must fit in to a team concept: such as grinding, painting, general clean up ect…
Degree of supervision required
- Minimum after introduction period
- Must be able to guide the repair work of others
- Must possess the ability to follow and interpret instructions without normal supervision.
Personality Traits Required
- Must be personable with customers.
- Able to work with others.
- Able to make independent decisions.
- Operate vehicles in a safe manner.
- Correctly complete all paperwork.
- Maintaining cleanliness in shop.
Vehicles or moving equipment driven as part of job
- Operates forklifts, tractor, trucks, cranes, loaders and bailers in a safe manner.
Hand Tools required
- Must possess basic hand tools.
- Welding hood and cutting goggles
Hand tools used
- Large hand held grinders and sanders
- Large sledge hammers and pry bars
- Chains, hoists and come-along’s.
Working Conditions/Environmental factors
- All weather conditions
Job Requirements & Worksite Info
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at email@example.com. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.