- Maintain a safe working environment
- Perform daily warehouse operations
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- High attention to detail and be able to read and recognize raw materials and finished goods.
- Complete daily forklift checklist. Conduct a walk-around check for hazardous conditions before operating one.
- Do not operate a damaged or defective forklift until it is adequately repaired and proven safe for use.
- No “stunt driving,” racing, and any other forklift-related horseplay.
- Use proper PPE (like rubber gloves and safety glasses) at forklift battery charging stations to protect yourself from exposure to battery acid or other chemicals.
- When driving a forklift, do not exceed 5mph. Slow down in areas with slippery floors or likely to be congested with people, materials, or other equipment.
- Keep clear aisles and loading docks that are traversed by forklifts. Allow plenty of space for a forklift to safely maneuver through.
- Use forklift grips (dawgs) when moving materials on plastic pallets.
- Report any accidents or near misses to the supervisor as soon as they happen.
- Receive and unload materials from trucks
- Verify delivered goods against Purchase Order (‘P.O.’) and other receiving documents (packing slip, Bill Of Lading, etc.)
- Enter data into company inventory system
- Put away materials in proper locations and transfer materials to different locations, using FEFO/FIFO principles
- Pick and issue all the materials on the worker orders based on manufacturing order. The same principles apply to shipping XFR, ORD’s, and transfers.
- Return unused material to stock room (return to stock)
- Maintain proper documentation and utilize warehouse management system (Savant WMS/JDE)
- Verify issued materials daily with each production line and check in with supervisor or lead.
- Maintain accurate inventory and assist with daily / weekly inventory counts.
- Daily housekeeping in all areas of the warehouse.
- Must be reliable and dependable with excellent attendance records and willing to assist other team members when needed.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Purchasing Department, Logistics Department and Inventory control Department. Timely communicate overages and shortages of materials both verbally and via email.
Currently this position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Able to comprehend and take direction. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or Equivalent; and at least 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general written guidelines, procedures, and governmental regulations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Forklift &
Job Requirements & Worksite Info
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at email@example.com. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.