TIRE TECHS / SKILLED LABORERS NEEDED FULL TIME
PRODUCTION - 75%
- Inspects tires to be retreaded or repaired to determine condition, repairs needed, etc.
- Operates a buffing machine to remove treads from tires to be retreaded, following specifications for depth and width of removal.
- Measures diameter and cross section to determine correct tread width.
- Applies rubber cement to tire casing and hangs up to dry.
- Selects proper size tread rubber and applies it to the tire.
- Places proper curing tube in tire and inserts proper rim for curing.
- Places tire in chamber and programs correct curing temperature according to specification.
- Sets timer for curing time according to chart, and makes record of each tire, showing size and curing time.
- Removes finished retread from curing chamber. Also removes rim and curing bag from finished retread.
- Inspects tires to determine defects in curing, i.e. soft cures, ply separation, repairs missed, etc.
- Checks finished tire with work order for proper identification and completion of work required.
- Trims and paints finished retread.
- Any other duties as assigned.
REPAIRING - 10%
- Inspects tires to determine type of repair required, indicates repairs to be made and marks, "repair only".
- Skives out and buffs injury inside and out for proper size repair.
- Applies proper cement to inside injury and builds up repair using correct size repair patch.
- Covers outside injury with layer of cushion gum and fills with tread gum.
- Places in proper mold for curing specified time according to curing chart, after dusting inside with soapstone and inserting curing bag.
- Removes from mold, removes bag, inspects for defects, improper cure, etc., and places with finished tires.
- Makes final inspection of repair, cuts tread design with regrooving iron, paints tire, tags, and places with finished stock.
MAINTENANCE - 5%
- Inspects repairs and lubricates equipment, following manufacturers' instructions to maintain in good operating condition.
- Maintains standards of cleanliness, orderliness, and appearance of plant. Sweeps floors and walls as necessary.
MISCELLANEOUS FUNCTIONS - 10%
- Receives, unloads and stores in designated places, tread rubber, repair material, curing bags, etc.
- Follows safety and fire prevention instructions.
- Maintains a stock of tread rubber and repair materials, advising superior when replenishment is necessary.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND OCCUPATIONAL DEMANDS:
- This position will require lifting up to 150# on an occasional to frequent basis depending upon the availability of hydraulic lifting equipment.
- Repetitive and sustained exertions, forceful exertions, awkward postures, mechanical stress concentrations, vibrations in an environment that includes machinery noise, dust and exposure to heat.
- Exposure to various chemicals used in cleaning, lubrication, etc.
- 100+ pounds of pressure when pushing tires.
Job Requirements & Worksite InfoClean driving record required.
13.00 - 14.00
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.