Location:White City, OR
Nature of Work:
An Engineering Technician supports the projects and activities of the Manufacturing Engineers with an emphasis on organization, attention to detail, and timely processing of assignments. This position reports to the Engineering Manager.
Duties and Task Statements:
- Perform data analysis of products being quoted.
- Verification that all necessary data is present.
- Component classification and counts.
- Preparation of Gerbers for use in quoting.
- Verification of RoHS compliance for components.
- Prepare customer information for Engineer-in-Charge to perform labor cost.
- Maintain Engineering files.
- Research inquires from IQC and consigned stock regarding compliance of received parts with customer requirements and RoHS.MRP system support.
- Part number entry
- Create and update MPN links to datasheets
- Create and update links to customer drawings and files
- BOM entry
- Routing entry and maintenance
- Determination and entry of bake parameters for MSDs
- Update View Parts.
Work under direction of Engineer-in-Charge to:
- Create and update Assembly Instruction books
- Write and implement ECOs
- Collect process time data for requoting and time standards
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Static Control Smock
- Static Control Strap
- Personal Computer
- Materials that may be required include ESD safe smock and static grounding strap.
Formal Interaction with Others:
- Interacts with all factory employees, appropriate management and operations personnel, and other department personnel.
- Communicates with the Engineering Manager to obtain instruction, assistance, and communicate concerns.
The work setting consists of a production environment with adequate lighting, comfortable temperatures, and a moderate noise level. The work schedule consists of a five-day, 40-hour workweek with overtime dependent on department needs.
Strong computer skills using MRP databases and Windows based word processing, spreadsheet, database, and image processing software.
Combination of formal training and direct experience in electronics is required. Additionally, the employee must successfully complete all internal courses offered by the company necessary to do the job.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Employee must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a TEAM environment. Must possess excellent communication, attention to detail, organizational and troubleshooting skills. Employee must work safely at all times and maintain the confidentiality of all customer and company information. May be required to lift 50 lbs periodically.
Job Requirements & Worksite Info
12.00 - 20.00
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.