Seasonal Workers - General Labor, Food Production
We are now hiring for seasonal employees to work for a food processing facility in Silverton Oregon. These are seasonal positions, however, there may be a few year round jobs available for those looking for fulltime permanent work.
We have several openings available, for day and swing, for the following positions:
- Corn Inspectors
Sort, pack, and mix product as needed to meet production needs. Handle product in accordance with process parameters, quality specifications, good manufacturing practices, plant safety standards and key plant performance measures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Visually inspect product
- Pack product
- Mix and stir ingredients as needed
- Properly handle raw materials
- Gather, store, and open inventory items as needed to make new batches
Essential Skills & Abilities:
- Must be comfortable wearing work garments, including gown, hard hat, face net, booties, and latex gloves if needed
- Able to work in an open area, in hot and/or varying temperatures
- Must have excellent eye/hand coordination
- Ability to carefully handle raw material
- Understand and follow the Standard Operating Procedures
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions
- Ability to learn to read and understand MSDS sheets
- Understand and follow Safety procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to stand all day, other than during meal and rest breaks
- Ability to make repetitive movements with hands and arms
- Ability to bend, lift (up to 35 lbs), stoop, and kneel as needed
Previous food processing experience preferred but not required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Pay is $10.25 plus a shift differential. Right now we are working 3 12 hours days, Sunday through Tuesday. Hours are subject to change.
Job Requirements & Worksite Info
Pay determined upon experience.
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.