Sanitation / CIP
The Sanitation Associate (CIP/COP) primary responsibility is cleaning and sanitizing for food production. The Sanitation Associate will safely disassemble, clean, sanitize, and reassemble equipment; inspect and verify equipment cleanliness; complete sanitation duties utilizing hoses, sanitation equipment, CIP and COP systems, and manual scrubbing; and working with food grade chemicals.
Flexibility to work weekends, varied shifts, and overtime. $13/hr, with advancement path.
- Work in a safe, organized, and productive manner.
- Maintain knowledge of the use and storage of chemicals.
- Follow specifications, policies, and procedures to guarantee uniformity.
- Wash and sanitize: CIP (clean in place) and COP (clean out of place).
- Disassemble, clean, sanitize, and reassemble equipment.
- Environmental cleaning of floor, drain, walls, ceiling, overhead pipes, and overhead fans.
- Inspect and verify equipment cleanliness.
- Proactively identify, communicate, and follow-up on mechanical issues.
- Maintain complete, accurate, and legible written records.
- Work in a cooperative and respectful manner, communicating effectively.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must follow all safety procedures and guidelines. Consistently adheres to safety policies such as lockout tagout.
- Must be able to read and write, interpret documents such as safety rules, operating/maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Understand complex written information and instructions, such as MSDS sheets, safety policies, GMP requirements, policies and procedures.
- Flexibility to work weekends, shifts, and overtime
- Good working knowledge of CIP systems and chemicals used in cleaning.
- Knowledge and strict adherence to Good Manufacturing Process (GMP's)
- Basic computer skills such as data entry, email, file management, and keyboarding preferred.
- Ability to comprehend and follow complex instructions
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Possess the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to demonstrate superb decision-making ability to determine best course of action
- Must be able to read and understand Material Safety Data Sheets
- Must be self-motivated to conduct the work
- Must be able to work in confined spaces
- Must be able to routinely bend, crawl and squat
- Other duties as required by Supervisor
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and taste or smell.
The employee must regularly lift ad/or move up to 15 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Job Requirements & Worksite Info
Pay determined upon experience.
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at email@example.com. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.