Sales Account Manager
Location:White City, OR
The Sales account manager is responsible for the development of an assigned territory and hours accounts, prepares technical proposals and writes up resultant orders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Communicates with customer and/or sales rep network, via telephone or in written form, concerning quotations, orders and field problems, referring field problems to QA Customer Service Engineers.
- Reviews inquiries/specs that have been submitted by house accounts or the rep network which is then entered into the pricing model to produce a formal quote.
- Negotiates price and terms of the sale.
- Prior to order entry, reviews the purchase order to ensure that the price and terms and conditions are in agreement with the corresponding proposal.
- Writes up orders following prescribed procedures.
- Enters communications, tracks account activity and maintains sales forecasts through department contact management program.
- Coordinates communications between engineering and the customer and/or sales rep network concerning inquiries and orders.
- Evaluates bid results and advises the Sales Supervisor or VP, Marketing & Sales of market changes.
- Develops working relationships with house accounts and the rep network.
- Develops a thorough knowledge of customers and territory requirements.
- Conducts market segment research with monthly reporting.
- Conducts routine follow-up on new and previous projects and/or customers.
- Occasional sales trips with territory reps to train and develop relationships.
- Follows and supports all Company policies, procedures and objectives; including specifically those associated with Quality and Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS).
- Maintains professional conduct consistent with the Company's vision, mission and core values.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); PC and mainframe experience with data entry skills; prior experience in electrical manufacturing, electrical equipment sales or college training in electrical engineering preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with customers or employees of the organization. Ability to respond effectively to inquires or complaints.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Occasional travel. Must have valid driver's license.
Job Requirements & Worksite InfoThis position is an inside sales position. Not required to use compnay or personal vehicle for sales calls.
15.00 - 20.00
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at email@example.com. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.