Quality Control Lead
Quality Control Lead is responsible for all warehouse order verification/quality control on outgoing orders from inventory, record keeping, filing and other assignments as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for overseeing all Order Verification after order has been pulled and left in Quality Control area.
- Working with Warehouse Supervisor to ensure that all orders have been QC’d prior to shipping.
- Coordinate case label at NWDS with Operations Lead.
- Verify all incoming inventory for all inbound storage at the direction of inventory.
- Verify all inventory movements from satellite warehouses and assign lane locations.
- Making copies of the pick slip for the yellow load sheet insertion into the pallet after order is QC’d.
- Assist warehouse staff in maintaining a clean and safe work area.
- Perform other related tasks as required.
- Present to and receive information from operations department and management.
- May cross train to perform other duties.
- Provide assistance to warehouse staff locating wine in warehouse for orders as needed.
- Keep abreast of current policies and procedures to include safety guidelines.
- Work is usually performed in an office or warehouse environment.
- Frequently required to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Lift and/or move up to 42 pounds.
PROBLEM SOLVING REQUIREMENTS:
- Able to provide effective and courteous customer service.
- Ability to make decisions in various situations and receive direction from immediate supervisor in non-routine situations.
- Ability to use the Warehouse Management system to research on situations related to all customer service.
- One to two years administrative/customer service experience.
- Practical experience in general warehouse operations.
- Basic skills in reading, writing, and mathematics.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Good communication and organizational skills. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Starting Pay Rate: $12 to $14 per hour, depending upon experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Job Requirements & Worksite Info
Pay determined upon experience.
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.