Under supervision, the Quality Control Technician assists with performing onsite product and equipment inspections, verifications and testing to ensure the overall safety of food products manufactured within the facility. Secondary duties include, but are not restricted to, maintaining ongoing documentation and data entry of all testing processes and results.
Tasks are to be completed while maintaining the highest safety, food safety and quality, cost and GMP standards in a high speed manufacturing environment.
Minimum one year experience in a Quality Control role within a manufacturing environment or related capacity
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Science background a plus
- One to three months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Intermediate or above knowledge of Microsoft Word, and Excel software programs.
- Able to develop and maintain spreadsheets
- Ability to resolve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, memos, checklists, forms and equipment instruction manuals that are written in English.
- Ability to calculate figures, analyze reports, determine processing rates, work with percentages and apply basic algebra and geometry
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Strong safety record
- Ability to meet attendance guidelines.
- Ability to work flexible hours (including some weekends and overtime ) to perform all duties and responsibilities
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 50lbs. as required.
- Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with all contacts both inside and outside the company.
- Must maintain current and valid Class C Oregon Driver’s License. Driving 3 x week to warehouse in Medford.
Job Requirements & Worksite Info
Pay determined upon experience.
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.