QC Lab Operator
Location:White City, OR
Inspection of display films for physical imperfections.
Candidate will be trained by current quality technicians.
Physical inspection requires the identification and quantification of imperfections such as: Point defects > 0.3mm in diameter (0.012?)between 0.15 and 0.3 mm in diameter (0.006-0.012?)< 0.15mm in diameter (0.006?) Works closely with Product and Process Staff to follow up on production critical issues.
- Works directly with the testing, evaluation, documentation and release of product.
- Commitment to working safely.
- Involved in preparing finished goods and in process quality reports.
- Supports activities related to customer complaints investigation.
- Escalate out of specification or reject data immediately to appropriate department.
- Setup, calibrate troubleshoot, and baseline test equipment prior to coating.
- Perform special test requests following documented instruction.
- Know and follow proper use of PPE.
- Understand information contained in the chemical MSDS and how to locate.
- Complete all required training.
- Seeks and creates learning/training opportunities for self and others.
- Manage hazardous waste and satellite accumulation locations/containers following plant Standard Operating Procedures during non-emergencies and EHS contingency plan procedures during emergencies. Complete assigned training to comply with state and federal regulations.
- Working PC knowledge for standard and custom software.
- Attention to detail, planning, and organizing. Accurate and timely testing is essential to the coating process.
- Effective communication skills to supported departments.
- Ability to read and follow written instruction for both standard and change documentation.
- Ability to work in low light (darkroom) conditions.
- Basic math and chemistry knowledge.
- Manage multiple tasks effectively, adapts quickly and effortlessly to changing business and working conditions, capable of effectively managing stress
- Willingness to work overtime and adjust work schedules to accommodate shutdown and other business needs.
- Working knowledge of laboratory testing equipment. (viscosity, particle size, film thickness, haze, clarity, gloss, absorbance, etc.)
- Scratches in the the range of 0.15-0.3mm wide and 3-6mm in length
Streaks in the film detectable through differences in haze or density. Must be detail oriented and able to work independently. Able to work with MS Excel.CSH
Job Requirements & Worksite Info
Pay determined upon experience.
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.