PRODUCTION LEAD = FULL TIME DAYS IMMEDIATE NEED
Ensure production crew is ready to begin activities in daily production on time; all crew has necessary materials and equipment to correctly and efficiently produce the highest quality that meets or exceeds HACCP, USDA, QA operating standards. Meet & Exceed the established SOP’s of producing a food safe product. Train and develop all employees in the safe manufacturing of food products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Objective 1: Production Performance
- Confers with Production Supervisors and receives and exchanges production information.
- Acquire all necessary knowledge of the line assigned, mechanical and operational including but not limited to training new hires, assembling and packaging product, assigning workers to work stations, monitoring production and adjusting work assignments when necessary.
- Ensures all necessary materials are available and ready for next day’s production; monitors and expedites flow of materials during production.
- Must communicate and work actively and assist other leads with scheduling on other lines in order to ensure control of people and reduce hourly overtime.
- Communicate with all employees the daily objective, goals, what is being made, how much and when needed by with packaging priorities.
- Complete all production related paperwork accurately before the end of shift assigned.
- Meet and achieve specific daily target set.
- Reduce food waste of total BOM usage daily.
- Responsible for operation of assigned area, documenting the training of new machine operators, cross-training employees to facilitate best practices in achieving daily targets.
- Advises and alerts maintenance when machinery is down or is in need of repair to prevent further downtime.
Objective 2: Production Related Food Safe Handling & Safety
- Inspect assigned areas prior to start up production and re-clean if necessary to prevent a negative or deficient recording from Quality Control and USDA agents.
- Monitors adherence by production line workers to observe GMP’s and HACCP practices.
- Assist Production Supervisor with insuring that the production process is in full compliance with USDA and FDA regulatory requirements at all times.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures as written for SOP procedures.
- Ensure all monitor checks are performed as required and within specifications.
- Actively assist in the safe machine & production line set-up to facilitate and expedites on-time start up activities.
Objective 3: Production Related Safety Performance
- Trains production operators, line employees with proper protection and new methods and practices as needed.
- Helps promote teamwork with encouraging safe work habits among the entire crew.
- Monitors throughout the shift to ensure that all employees are practicing safe work habits during all processes.
- Maintains a 0 safety related accidents result for yourself and the entire production line crew monthly and annually.
- Conduct daily 5-minute meetings to discuss safety matters and previous day’s results.
- Promote and ensure and comply with all company policies and procedures.
Currently this position has some and limited supervisory responsibilities over 9 to 50 employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED); at one to two years related experience
Job Requirements & Worksite Info
15.00 - 16.00
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.