The Production Planner performs all functions needed to ensure the lowest total cost of produced materials and services for a site. The purpose is to balance the objectives of maximum product availability with strategic inventory plans. Production Planner participates in negotiations with production management to implement proactive production philosophies, strategies, policies, and procedures for successful integration into multiple business plans across various corporate departments. Additionally, a Production Planner may be responsible for preparing data and analyzing inventory trends, external and internal key performance metrics, and proposing process improvement and the generation or management of key reports, metrics, and projects. This is a service position and is responsive to the needs of internal and external (suppliers) customers. The role includes team participation.
- Knowledge of supply planning processes, evaluating capacity models, smoothing production loads, exploiting constraints.
- Understand planning policies and procedures
- Demonstrate knowledge of business concepts/principles (terms and conditions, transportation, accounting)
- Knowledge of supply chain programs and the ability to manage project execution of these programs.
- Responsible for developing, maintaining, and implementing strategic and optimal production plans.
- MRP knowledge and ERP experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Evaluate key performance indicators and drive improvements through strategy adjustments.
- Monitors production performance and assures that MRP parameters are in line with demonstrated performances.
- Communicates effectively with manufacturing managers, supervisors, and schedulers to assure production plans and schedules.
- Recognize problems, analyze and recommend solutions.
- Experience in building plans to meet financial targets.
- Experience in bottleneck management using the Theory of Constraints.
- Optimize supply chain to minimize waste.
- Negotiates with the manufacturing team to develop strategies to meet planning targets.
- Manage new part release planning data and participate in New Product Initiative teams.
- Participate in planning performance metrics: WIP and finished goods inventory levels, customer service levels, work order management, manufacturing capacity, and quality metrics.
- Process improvement capability.
- All other duties as required or assigned.
Job Requirements & Worksite Info
Pay determined upon experience.
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.