PRODUCTION ASSISTANT - PACKAGER STEEL INDUSTRY
To process orders cut on the burning machines and assist in other areas of the warehouse as needed while following all safety policies and procedures. Perform clean up duties as needed to maintain safe and organized work area throughout the shift.
- Identify parts associated with a specific order, process parts and clean up per instructions on the work order using grinders and hand tools. Follow the parts processing six step procedures.
- Communicate effectively with coworkers and related shifts.
- Stack parts on pallets or in bundles and mark with pertinent information from the work order, for delivery or storage.
- Process parts through the ERNST grinder when possible for maximum production and quality.
- Remove small cut parts from the burning tables by hand when needed.
- Identify all questionable quality issues and present them for review by the supervisor. To ensure that customer expectations are met on every order.
- Load and unload vehicles including inbound deliveries and customer will-calls, while representing the highest standard of a
- Sort some parts and put in tubs then take the parts to the processing area.
- Forklift operation at times along with some jib crane and overhead crane operation.
Position is swing shift.
PPE is required to include steel toed boots.
HS Diploma/GED equivalent.
Apply today if interested!
Job Requirements & Worksite Info
14.00 - 14.75
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at email@example.com. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.