Payroll & Benefits Specialist
Location:Central Point, OR
The Payroll & Benefits Specialist is an integral member of the Finance team, who performs timely and accurate payroll, benefits, and correlated accounting functions for the company. Additionally, this position performs human resources related duties that include, but are not limited to: recruitment, on- boarding, compensation analysis, HRIS administration and maintenance, and implementation of policies and procedures in accordance with the mission and core values of the Company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process and administer semi-monthly payroll in third-party payroll system including: new hire information, terminations, tax and direct deposit information, garnishment and support order processing, severance packages, manual checks, and other payroll related tasks as required.
- Verify, reconcile, and manage all payroll related taxes, deductions, deposits, and quarterly and annual reporting (e.g., Form W-2s and the Form 5500).
- Reconcile all general ledger payroll funding accounts and associated reports.
- Administers various employee benefit programs such as: medical, dental, vision, disability, life, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), COBRA, and 403(b) retirement.
- Manage all employee benefit programs including enrollments and terminations. Review and approve benefit changes to ensure the information is correct and consistent between insurance carriers and HRIS system. Process monthly billings from providers and approve for payment.
- Responds to employee inquiries in a timely manner regarding payroll and benefits information.
- Maintain and update job descriptions, job postings, and performance evaluations.
- Assist the Finance Director with annual evaluation of health and benefits contracts.
- Ensures compliance with Federal, State, and local rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties as required by the organization and Finance Director.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business, Accounting, administration, or related field required. Three to five (3-5) years experience in payroll processing and benefits administration.
- Working knowledge of current payroll and benefits processes including federal, state, and local wage and hour regulations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, HRIS software, and other applicable software applications.
- Pass criminal background, credit, and DMV checks.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds, sit for extended periods of time, climb stairs, and operate office equipment and computers with ease.
- Possesses competencies in payroll and benefits administration.
- Self-starter and independent but works collaboratively.
- Highly skilled in interpersonal and written communication.
- Respects and maintains privileged confidential information.
- Enjoys building and maintaining relationships with staff.
- Successfully able to lead self and others through a process and adhere to timelines.
- Shares in the passion of the Company's mission.
- Values continuous learning and seeks ongoing training and development.
Job Requirements & Worksite Info
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.