Personnel Source is looking for a Part-time Office Assistant for a local property management office.
This position is part-time 20hrs/wk.
- Show apartments, accept applications, and screen applicants (verify and certify each resident's income at initial, interim, and annual re-certification) to determine eligibility in accordance with company policies and procedures and applicable regulations; complete resident move-in sheet with resident; ensure utilities are transferred.
- Notify residents of Rental Assistance when assigned by the corporate office.
- Transfer of over/under-housed residents by moving residents to properly sized housing unit.
- Understand rental agreement and residency policies and be able to explain them to residents.
- Handle resident evictions along with the service and preparation of appropriate notices.
- Maintain waiting list files of eligible applicants and files of removed/rejected applicants.
- Collect rents, maintain petty cash, ensure proper accounting of monies collected, and make deposits in a timely manner; log and collect late charges, NSF, and other charges; deliver rent increase notices to residents.
- Prepare budget recommendations and submit to Community Manager for review as part of annual budget process.
- Promote harmonious relations among tenants, employees, owners, and the local community.
- Enforce house rules in accordance with company policies and procedures; maintain a pleasant, helpful manner at all times and know the number of adults and/or children in the complex along with their name and apartment number.
- Make recommendations to management for improvement of company policies, procedures, and practices.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Property management experience REQUIRED
- Excellent communications skills
- Time management skills
- MS Office Suite (Testing Required)
Job Requirements & Worksite Info
Pay determined upon experience.
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.