We have an exciting career opportunity for a professional Union Administrator.
This is a high-level, permanent position working for a local Union. This position will start out as a part-time position, once training is complete, there may be the option to go to full-time. This position carries a lot of responsibility, as a result we are looking for someone who is responsible, trustworthy, able to work independently, extremely organized, and is a quick learner. To be successful in this position you must be a quick learner, as you will be required to learn all Union laws, rules and regulations. This position requires someone who is driven, a continual learner, and is looking to grow in their career. We are looking for someone with previous experience working with a union or board.
Qualified applicants will possess the following:
- Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Self-managing, independent worker
- Driven to excellence
- Clear, concise, effective communicator
- Professional writing skills
- Organized, able to prioritize tasks
- Proficient with MS Office
- 10 Key by-touch
- Typing, 60 + WPM
- Previous office management strongly preferred
- Previous experience taking meeting minutes preferred
- Previous experience with Access required
- Proficient with using Excel and Access
General Job Functions (include but not limited to the following):
- Responsible for handling board and union documentation
- Properly handles confidential information
- Document and file management
- Takes meeting minutes and distributes them to board/trust members
- Responsible for staying current on all union laws, rules and regulations; clearly communicates information to members as needed
- Creates professional forms and letters as needed
- Organizes meetings, schedules appointments, etc.
- General office duties such as opening mail, handling faxes, phones, filing, etc.
- Provides customer service to members and others office staff
- Maintains office supplies and places orders as needed
- Maintains a high-level of confidentiality, fully understands what information can and cannot be shared with others
This position will start out working 3 days a week, plus one evening per month. Again, there may be the opportunity for this position to go to full time. Applicants must be able to pass a background test and a drug screen. Only applicants who submit a professional resume and cover letter will be considered.
Job Requirements & Worksite Info
15.00 - 20.00
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.