Manufacturing Technician I
This position requires work in a clean room, laboratory environment. The primary activities are focused on preparation of substrates for deposition of optical coatings. This work requires extreme care and concentration, due to the delicate and costly nature of the substrates and the coating equipment. Additional important aspects of the job include work with precision tools, instruments and mechanical fixtures, as well as documentation of process steps. Each technician is responsible for product quality and personal safety.
- Cleaning, inspecting and loading of optics into process tools and fixtures.
- Cooling and chamber maintenance including sandblasting, cleaning, and assembly.
- Handling chemical solutions in accordance with safety procedures.
- Inspection of mechanical dimensions, using calipers and micrometers.
- Extensive use of microscopes for inspection of optical surfaces.
- Assembly of fixtures, using hand tools.
- Coating chamber set-up and initiation of process
- Set-up, load and unload high temperature ovens.
- Documentation of process steps, observations and other records
- Clean room maintenance; cleaning walls, floors, windows and flow benches
- Carry out detailed written and oral instructions
- Accurate and succinct recording of information
- Repetitive use of tweezers and similar tools for handling glass substrates.
- Use of microscopes, measurement tools and hand tools.
- Operation of electrical equipment, coating chambers, and instruments.
- Handling and loading of tooling fixtures and optics.
- Some use of shop mathematics.
- Computer skills including data entry to various programs
Required: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Desired: AA Degree or Equivalent (Math and Science)
Job Requirements & Worksite Info
Pay determined upon experience.
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.