MAINTENANCE MECHANIC SWING OR GRAVE SHIFT
Our Client is a leading manufacturer of high performance thermoplastic corrugated pipe, providing a comprehensive suite of innovative water management products and drainage solutions. The Company operates a global network of 61 manufacturing plants and 29 distribution centers through our 3,800 employee team members.
- The Plant Maintenance Technician oversees and performs the preventive and reactive maintenance duties required for the manufacturing operations of the plant.
- Priorities of the Maintenance Technician include management and execution of PM schedules, repair of any equipment that is needed to maintain maximum production rates and maintenance of an adequate spare parts inventory.
- This position requires the flexibility to work 40+ hours per week, weekends as required and also fulfill on-call duties for repairs and assistance. The Plant Maintenance Technician reports directly to the Maintenance Manager or Production Manager and/or Plant Manager.
- The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Practice proper PPE compliance and maintain a safe working record and environment
- Maintain adequate inventories of spare parts and equipment
- Immediately communicate unsafe conditions, acts or injuries to Plant Manager
- Ensure that all equipment is kept in a proper and safe working condition
- Practice proper forklift operation and preventive maintenance
- Direct and perform scheduled Preventive Maintenance duties
- Maintain facility housekeeping
- Communicate with all plant personnel
- Maintain and build job skills through company training programs
- Communicate with support services
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment that is not operating properly
- Assist with support service team projects
- Effectively manage UPTIME performance
- Understand and practice CORE VALUES
This position should possess the following skills/knowledge:
- Basic industrial mechanical, electrical, plumbing and pneumatic skills including troubleshooting
- Understand purpose and proper use of small hand and power tools
- Understanding the manufacturing process including troubleshooting
- Strong time management and task prioritization skills
- Inventory management
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with and communicate to other plant personnel
- Facility organization
- Basic computer skills
- High School/Vocational School Diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years experience as a line operator or similar training and experience
- The employee will lift and move heavy items, which will require the ability to repeatedly lift 75 pounds to a height of 6 feet
- The employee will be working specified shifts and moving around at all times, which will require the ability to stand and be mobile for a minimum of 8 continuous hours
- Facilities can be extremely hot or cold at times, so the employee must have the ability to perform physical labor for extended periods of time in temperature extremes
- The employee will be handling materials daily, which requires the ability to use hands, arms and legs to physically handle and transport finished goods.
Job Requirements & Worksite Info
$ 20.00 - $ 24.00
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at email@example.com. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.