Lead Industrial Technician/Mechanic
Lead Industrial Technician/Mechanic
We are looking for a Lead Industrial Technician to provide leadership to a group of mechanics to ensure that all repairs and maintenance of equipment are performed in compliance with company’s safety and reliability standards and are applicable to Bulk Handling Systems factory repair, maintenance and labor guidelines.
The Plant Maintenance Technician is responsible for monitoring and maintaining the operation of all plant systems and equipment. Including but not limited to balers, conveyor belts, gearboxes, electrical motors, pulleys, shafts and bearings. This position must respond to all system failures by taking appropriate corrective action by completing or assigning the repairs needed to ensure that systems are operational and are functioning safely and efficiently. This position reports to the Maintenance Manager. This position will also be responsible for taking after hour calls and dispatching mechanics accordingly.
Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Performs repairs in accordance with the company’s Management Safety and Life Critical Rules and OSHA. (Occupational and Safety Health Act) requirements.
- Performs preventive maintenance inspection (PM); diagnose, repair, and rebuild major equipment/components including but not limited to balers, conveyors, hydraulic power packs, eddy currents, electro-magnetic belts, diverters, compressors, shredders, motors, glass breakers, wire tie systems, fans, pumps, etc.
- Maintains DEI (Daily Equipment Inspections).
- Establishes and adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules and advises Maintenance Manager if additional work is needed, or cannot be completed within the Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Inspects the quality of third party repairs and or rebuilds.
- Recommends measures to improve production, equipment performance and product quality
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Ability to perform under limited supervision.
- Requires a flexible work schedule, which may include nights and weekends to support operating schedule and the needs of the facility.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate/OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Ability to work overtime and long hours when needed.
- Safely lift and carry a seventy five (50) pound load.
- Ability to perform moderate physical labor.
Work will be performed in an environment that is not temperature controlled and is dusty. Moderate to high noise levels from heavy equipment and recycling systems are common during working hours. Some required work will be performed in elevated locations.
- Millwright / LME License
- Certification / Advance Hydraulic Training
- Valid driver's license, Class A or B preferred.
- OEM training and/or certification
Job Requirements & Worksite Info
18.00 - 22.00
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at email@example.com. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.