Location:White City, OR
Preparation and cooking of food ingredients to meet production needs. Follow standard procedures and assures raw ingredients and prepared food materials meet company quality standards. Coordinate cooking and prep work with the Kettle Deck Team Lead and Shift Lead.
- Understand formulations and batch sheet usage.
- Meet with Lead Cook and Shift Lead to plan daily work.
- Report all potential inventory shortages, problems with raw materials or quality/sensory deviations immediately to the Team Lead, Shift Lead, Kitchen Supervisor and/or Kitchen Manager.
- Perform cooking and batching of all recipes according to standard procedures and batch sheet instructions.
- Check all ingredients and in-process foods, sauces and mixes for correct texture, taste, smell and appearance. These checks must occur before these materials are combined with other components. Report any variances to the Team Lead, Shift Lead, Kitchen Supervisor and/or Kitchen Manager.
- Understand and be able use all batch sheets and follow standard procedure. Ensure that all item information (including lot numbers, MO numbers, quantities and batch numbers) is filled into batch sheets correctly and legibly.
- Ensure correct tag labeling and storage procedures are being followed. All food or ingredient containers (buckets, plastic totes, transfer carts, steel totes, gondolas, etc.) must have a label which includes the description of contents and dare material goes in to production, weight of bucket. All food safety practices must be followed at all times.
- Understand the safe use of each piece of equipment (including but not limited to: Versatherm, Heat Exchanger, Blendtechs and Kettles) and monitors all safety devices and guards for correct position and operation and any issues must be reported immediately to the Team Lead, Shift Lead, Kitchen Supervisor and/or Kitchen Manager.
- Follow all safety rules and monitors employee safety.
- Report all mechanical problems to the Team Lead, Shift Lead, Kitchen Supervisor or Kitchen Manager.
- Comply with the rules and regulations set forth in Amy's Kitchen Inc. employee handbook, safety manual and GMP booklet.
- Understand all responsibilities of Cook II and prep personnel.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Team Lead, Shift Lead, Kitchen Supervisor or Kitchen Manager.
- Regular Attendance Required
- During peak season or base on company needs overtime is required.
Job Requirements & Worksite Info
Pay determined upon experience.
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at email@example.com. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.