JOURNEYMAN ELECTRICIAN NEEDED FOR MANUFACTURER
Experiences Industrial Electrician with 3-phase, 480V, and industrial troubleshooting experience to assemble, install, test and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand, power, and precision measuring tools. Diagnoses malfunction systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem. Responsible for following all safety regulations with required PPE.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for operating, changing over, setting, repairing, and improving on packaging equipment, converting equipment, and providing support for the workings of auxiliary equipment
- Maintain logs, and record labor, materials, and equipment used
- Respond quickly to emergency situations
- Competent use of required hand and power tools
- Perform routine maintenance on production equipment, and perform repair on them when necessary
- Wire machines and electrical panels in line with prints
- Assemble gas circuits from prints
- Light machining
- Troubleshooting: identify a problem and proffer logical solutions to them
- Read blueprints and schematics, and use an array of tools and diagnostic devices to service and install electrical components
- Ability to assemble, install, test and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus and fixtures.
- Maintain electrical equipment to meet regulatory codes at the country, state and federal levels.
- Perform rigging activities, safety-related functions and other miscellaneous electrical functions.
- Demonstrate safe and proficient use of shop tools (both hand and power).
- Demonstrate mechanical knowledge
- Competent with programming of VFD’s.
- Must possess demonstrated ability to safely utilize a forklift and high lift.
- Knowledge and ability to troubleshoot PLC’s
- Must be physically capable of performing work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures.
- Proficient in testing electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
Shift: initially 1st Shift (6am to 2pm or similar), M-F. Will need to be flexible until both Electrician and Maintenance Technician are in place, then likely to be 1st or 2nd Shift. May include occasional weekends and/or on-call.
Great selling points: job is almost entirely indoors, clean environment. Shop is immaculate!
Email your resume today for immediate consideration
Job Requirements & Worksite Info
22.00 - 37.00
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at email@example.com. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.